Wondering What to Pack for Your Dude Ranch Vacation? There are two important things to take into account: the activities you'll be doing on your guest ranch vacation, and the weather at the Ranch. Things at Paradise Guest Ranch are pretty casual, so leave your high heels and fancy clothes at home--we want you to be comfortable during your stay. Jeans are always a safe bet for our guests of all ages. We have true mountain weather here at the Ranch, so when you're packing, be sure to pack clothing that is versatile and good for being outdoors (wool and/or synthetics). We recommend dressing in layers: start with your base layer and work outward.
- Checkbook (for final payment)
- Cash (for saloon purchases)
- Swim Suit (for our heated swimming pool and spa)
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Insect Repellant
- Lip Balm (the air is very dry here)
- That book you've been meaning to finish
Program-Specific Packing Lists
We offer two hour rides as well as both half-day and full-day rides. We are excited to show you the beauty of the Bighorn mountains from the saddle.
- Jeans or other heavy-weight pants
- Long underwear (nylon or lycra)—especially if you haven't ridden a lot
- Lightweight, breathable shirts
- Cowboy boots with a 1″ heel and smooth sole (Limited selection available for loan in the boot box. Tennis shoes are not recommended and can be dangerous in the stirrup)
- Light windproof jacket
- Fleece jacket (mid-layer)
- Long socks for riding (wool or a wool blend is ideal)
- Rain jacket (slickers provided on each saddle for your use)
- Riding helmet (we do have helmets available to borrow)
- Hat with a brim (we have several styles available at our store)
During your vacation at the guest ranch, we offer casting clinics, knot and fly tying classes and teach you how to strike, play and properly catch and release fish on our private trout ponds.
- Lightweight shirts (non-cotton material)
- Polarized sunglasses
- Wool or synthetic base layer for under waders
- Rain jacket
- Fleece jacket
- Wool or synthetic gloves and hat (for cooler days)
- Fishing Gear (if you're an avid fisherman, otherwise we have everything you need to get started with fly fishing at the Ranch)
- Lightweight breathable shirt
- Lightweight shorts or pants
- Hiking Boots
- Water Bottle
Country Swing Dancing and Talent Night
- Some of our guests and crew enjoy wearing a skirt for the square dance.
- We have a talent night while you are visiting, many guests and crew participate, so keep this in mind when packing.
Notes on Packing
Washing machines and dryers are available for use at no extra charge and in most guest cabins. Washing and re-wearing some items leaves a little more room in your bag for souveniers from your family vacation!
* These items and many other items can be purchased at our “Fun” General Store
Just starting to plan your Dude Ranch Vacation? Learn the Top Things to Look for in a Dude Ranch Vacation.
Wanto to learn more about what a vacation at Paradise Guest Ranch is like? Read about a Typical Week at Paradise Guest Ranch.